Hello, fiddle nuts! Fiddle Intensives at Lambville (Nashville, TN) are back in the world starting August 2017.
What is a Fiddle Intensive, you might ask? In a nutshell, you will be my houseguest for 3-4 days, depending on your situation. Unlike more traditional fiddle/music camps, this really is more than simply learning fiddle stuff. Oh, there will be some intense fiddling focus, don’t you worry! We will also go places and do Nashville stuff, stuff that tourists in general may not get a chance to experience. Because this is an intimate setting, (my house, my cuisine, my bartending) I will speak one on one to anybody interested about level of expertise (fiddling) for these Intensives.
The maximum number I can accommodate is four people. I am striving to have everybody fairly close to the same level of expertise. For instance we might have a very beginning level Intensive. A typical day might look like this:
- 9:00 AM breakfast and conversation about life followed by a dog walk
- 10:30 AM group class – one hour
- 11:30 – 12:30 private coaching – 30 minutes with me, each person alone
- While one fiddler is with me, the others can do whatever they wish, but practicing is recommended.
- 12:30 – lunch followed by some rest which could really mean shopping or exploring
- 4:00 – 5:00 the remaining private coachings
- I won’t necessarily stick to this schedule if something exciting pops up and we must go see whatever that might be. Stuff happens in Nashville.
- Evenings – We will of course eat some food either at my house or out somewhere. We will go out into the world of Nashville and do stuff.
When you commit to a Lamb Fiddle Intensive, things happen. I do not do this in a cookie cutter same way each time kind of way. For instance, during my first Intensive, we ended up at the funeral of Ralph Stanley. At another Intensive we ended up at the Grand Masters’ Fiddle Championship, last minute kind of thing.
Like I said, this is not your typical music camp situation. You are a guest in my home and we do play some fiddle music. We also experience Nashville in so many ways and flexibility is the name of the game.
How do I sign up and how much?
The price for three days and four nights is $900. I will feed you when we are at my house. I will give you a bed. I will drive you around. The costs of going out into the world (drinks, cover charges, restaurants) are your responsibility.
I do not have a weekend scheduled yet. I schedule the time when the first person expresses interest. Arrive on a Thursday evening or Friday morning. Be all fiddley Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You may stay overnight on Sunday.